Share This Article
The Famous Movie Quotes 2000s was an era that saw some of the greatest movies ever made, with memorable and iconic quotes that have remained popular even years after their release. From romantic comedies to superhero films and epic dramas, there was something for everyone.
The movie industry produced some of the most famous and inspiring lines that have become part of our cultural lexicon. So, let’s take a trip down memory lane and revisit 50 of the most famous movie quotes from the 2000s, with long details.
The Dark Knight (2008)
“Why so serious?” –
This quote, delivered by the Joker, has become one of the most iconic movie lines in history. The Joker’s maniacal and unpredictable nature is perfectly captured in this simple question.
There Will Be Blood (2007)
“I drink your milkshake!” –
In this intense scene, Daniel Plainview (played by Daniel Day-Lewis) proclaims this line while discussing the oil business. The quote has since become a popular catchphrase.
Fight Club (1999)
“The first rule of Fight Club is: You do not talk about Fight Club.” –
This quote, which introduces the central conceit of the movie, has become a cultural touchstone. It is a succinct way of summarizing the film’s themes of masculinity and anti-consumerism.
Brokeback Mountain (2005)
“I wish I knew how to quit you.” –
This line, spoken by Ennis Del Mar (played by Heath Ledger), is a poignant declaration of love that has become one of the most memorable movie quotes of the 2000s.
“I’m the king of the world!” –
This quote, delivered by Leonardo DiCaprio’s character Jack as he stands on the bow of the ship, has become one of the most famous movie quotes of all time.
Back to the Future (1985)
“Why don’t you make like a tree and get outta here?” –
This line, spoken by Biff Tannen (Thomas F. Wilson), has become a popular catchphrase. The incorrect phrasing (“make like a tree and leave”) only adds to its charm.
The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (2002)
“My precious.” –
Gollum’s obsession with the Ring is perfectly encapsulated in this simple, yet memorable, phrase.
A Few Good Men (1992)
“You can’t handle the truth!” –
This line, delivered by Jack Nicholson’s character Colonel Nathan R. Jessup during a courtroom scene, has become one of the most famous movie quotes of all time.
Toy Story (1995)
“To infinity… and beyond!” –
Buzz Lightyear’s catchphrase has become a beloved quote for both children and adults alike.
The Devil Wears Prada (2006)
“I’m just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.” –
This quote, delivered by Emily Blunt’s character Emily, perfectly captures the toxic diet culture that pervades the fashion industry.
Jerry Maguire (1996)
“You complete me.” –
This line, delivered by Tom Cruise’s character Jerry to Renée Zellweger’s character Dorothy, is a simple yet powerful declaration of love.
Kindergarten Cop (1990)
“It’s not a tumor!” –
Arnold Schwarzenegger’s character’s attempt to calm down a group of kindergarten students is made all the more memorable with this classic line.
The Big Lebowski (1998)
“That rug really tied the room together.” –
Jeff Bridges’ character’s obsession with his rug is perfectly encapsulated in this memorable quote.
Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith (2005)
“I have a bad feeling about this.” –
This iconic line has become a running joke throughout the Star Wars franchise, with nearly every movie featuring a character uttering this phrase.
“Are you not entertained?” –
This quote, delivered by Russell Crowe’s character Maximus during a gladiator fight, has become a memorable catchphrase for those seeking validation for their efforts.
The line is spoken by Jack Twist, played by Jake Gyllenhaal, to his lover Ennis Del Mar, played by Heath Ledger. The line represents the deep emotional connection the two men share, despite the societal pressures that would force them apart.
The Godfather (2006)
“I’m gonna make him an offer he can’t refuse.” –
The line is spoken by Vito Corleone, played by Marlon Brando, and has become one of the most famous quotes in movie history. The line represents the Corleone family’s use of violence and intimidation to achieve their goals.
The Sixth Sense (1999)
“I see dead people.” –
The line is spoken by a young boy named Cole Sear, played by Haley Joel Osment, who can see and communicate with ghosts. The line has become an iconic catchphrase and is often parodied in popular culture.
“I’m the king of the world!” –
The line is spoken by Jack Dawson, played by Leonardo DiCaprio, as he stands on the bow of the Titanic with his arms outstretched. The line has become an iconic moment in the film and represents Jack’s carefree spirit and love for adventure.
Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back (1980)
“Do or do not. There is no try.” –
The line is spoken by the Jedi Master Yoda to Luke Skywalker, played by Mark Hamill. The line represents Yoda’s philosophy of commitment and perseverance and has become a motivational quote in popular culture.
The Shining (1980)
“Here’s Johnny!” –
The line is spoken by Jack Torrance, played by Jack Nicholson, as he breaks through a door with an axe. The line has become an iconic moment in the film and represents Jack’s descent into madness.
The Godfather Part II (1974)
“Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer.” –
The line is spoken by Michael Corleone, played by Al Pacino, to his brother Fredo, played by John Cazale. The line represents Michael’s strategic mindset and willingness to manipulate his enemies.
The Terminator (1984)
“I’ll be back.” –
The line is spoken by the Terminator, played by Arnold Schwarzenegger, as he leaves a police station. The line has become an iconic catchphrase and represents the Terminator’s unstoppable determination.
“What we do in life echoes in eternity.” –
The line is spoken by Maximus Decimus Meridius, played by Russell Crowe, as he addresses his troops before battle. The line represents Maximus’s belief in the importance of one’s legacy and has become a popular motivational quote.
More Quotes That Inspire You
Famous Movie Quotes 2000s
- “May the Force be with you.” – Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (2005)
- “I’ll be back.” – Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (2003)
- “You shall not pass!” – The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001)
- “There’s no place like home.” – The Wizard of Oz (1939) (referenced in Spider-Man (2002)
- “They may take our lives, but they’ll never take our freedom!” – Braveheart (1995)
- “I love the smell of napalm in the morning.” – Apocalypse Now (1979)
- “Why don’t you go back to your home on Whore Island?” – Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy (2004)
- “Bond. James Bond.” – Casino Royale (2006)
- “I’ll have what she’s having.” – When Harry Met Sally… (1989)
- “I’m gonna make him an offer he can’t refuse.” – The Godfather (1972)
- “Houston, we have a problem.” – Apollo 13 (1995)
- “Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’.” – The Shawshank Redemption (1994)
- “Say ‘hello’ to my little friend!” – Scarface (1983)
- “Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get.” – Forrest Gump (1994)
- “I don’t know how to put this, but I’m kind of a big deal.” – Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy (2004)
- “As if!” – Clueless (1995)
- “I’m not a smart man… but I know what love is.” – Forrest Gump (1994)
- “There’s a snake in my boot.” – Toy Story (1995)
- “I am Iron Man.” – Iron Man (2008)
- “I’m not bad. I’m just drawn that way.” – Who Framed Roger Rabbit (1988)
- “Get off my plane.” – Air Force One (1997)
- “I am your father.” – Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back (1980)
- “It’s not your fault.” – Good Will Hunting (1997)
- “If you build it, he will come.” – Field of Dreams (1989)
- “Wax on, wax off.” – The Karate Kid (1984)
- “You can’t handle the truth!” – Colonel Nathan R. Jessup, A Few Good Men (1992)
- “I’m just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.” – Emily Charlton, The Devil Wears Prada (2006)
- “Life is not the number of breaths you take, it’s the moments that take your breath away.” – Will Smith, Hitch (2005)
- “May the Force be with you.” – Various characters, Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones (2002)
- “They may take our lives, but they’ll never take our freedom!” – William Wallace, Braveheart (1995)
- “You have bewitched me, body and soul.” – Mr. Darcy, Pride & Prejudice (2005).