Share This Article
50 Money Spoils Relationship Quotes are often said to be the root of all evil, and when it comes to relationships, this statement can sometimes hold true. While financial stability is crucial for a healthy and happy life, it can also become a source of tension and conflict in romantic relationships. In this article, we will explore 50 quotes that delve into the complicated relationship between money and love, and how it can either strengthen or spoil a relationship.
Whether you’re navigating the highs and lows of financial stability with your partner, or trying to find a balance between love and money, these quotes offer valuable insights and wisdom that can help you navigate this complex terrain.
“Money can’t buy love, but it sure can destroy it.” –
Explanation: While money can’t create love, it can certainly ruin it. When money becomes the focus of a relationship, it can create an unhealthy dynamic that puts strain on the emotional bond between partners.
“Money often costs too much.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Explanation: Emerson’s quote emphasizes that the pursuit of wealth can come at a steep cost, often at the expense of more important things like relationships.
“The love of money is the root of all evil.” – 1 Timothy
Explanation: This biblical verse cautions against the dangers of greed and the negative effects it can have on relationships.
“The only time money brings happiness is when you don’t have any.” –
Explanation: This quote suggests that once basic needs are met, money alone does not bring happiness or fulfillment, and may actually harm relationships when not managed well.
“Money never made a man happy yet, nor will it. The more a man has, the more he wants. Instead of filling a vacuum, it makes one.” – Benjamin Franklin
Explanation: Franklin’s quote highlights the fact that money cannot create happiness or fill emotional voids, and that the pursuit of money can actually lead to deeper dissatisfaction.
“Love is more valuable than money. You can inherit money but not love.” – Leo Buscaglia
Explanation: Buscaglia emphasizes the importance of love and connection in life, and how it should be valued above material possessions.
“It is not the man who has too little, but the man who craves more, that is poor.” – Seneca
Explanation: Seneca’s quote highlights the fact that a person’s perception of wealth and their desire for more can create a sense of lack and poverty, even if they possess a great deal of wealth.
“Money can’t buy happiness, but it’s a lot more comfortable to cry in a Mercedes than on a bicycle.” –
Explanation: This quote highlights the fact that while money may not bring happiness, it can provide a level of comfort and security that can ease some of life’s hardships.
“When money speaks, the truth keeps silent.” – Russian proverb
Explanation: This proverb suggests that money has the power to silence truth and genuine emotions, creating an atmosphere of insincerity and mistrust in relationships.
“Money and success don’t change people; they merely amplify what is already there.” – Will Smith
Explanation: Smith’s quote highlights the fact that while money can be a catalyst for change, it is ultimately a person’s character and values that shape the impact it has on their relationships.
“Money often blinds us to the true value of things.” –
Explanation: This quote suggests that the pursuit of wealth can make people lose sight of the more meaningful aspects of life, like relationships, and cause them to prioritize money over everything else.
“A man’s true wealth is the good he does in the world.” – Kahlil Gibran
Explanation: Gibran’s quote emphasizes that true wealth lies in the positive impact a person has on the world and that relationships and connections with others are a vital part of that impact.
“Wealth consists not in having great possessions, but in having few wants.” – Epictetus
Explanation: Epictetus’s quote highlights the fact that true wealth comes from contentment and the ability to be satisfied with what one has, rather than constantly craving more.
“Money is a good servant but a bad master.” – Francis Bacon
“Money is often the root of all evil in relationships. It can turn love into resentment and affection into bitterness.” –
This quote emphasizes how money can cause major problems in relationships, leading to negative emotions and outcomes.
“When it comes to love, money should never be the deciding factor. It’s important to remember that love is not measured by material possessions, but by the connection, you have with your partner.” –
This quote highlights the importance of prioritizing love and connection over material possessions and financial status.
“Money can bring temporary happiness, but it can also bring permanent damage to a relationship. It’s important to find a balance and understand the true value of love and trust in a relationship.” –
This quote emphasizes the need for balance and perspective when it comes to money in relationships.
“Money can create power imbalances in relationships, leading to feelings of resentment and insecurity. It’s important to communicate openly and establish a sense of equality and respect in financial matters.” –
This quote emphasizes the need for open communication and a sense of equality in financial matters to prevent power imbalances.
“When money becomes more important than love, the relationship is destined to fail. It’s important to remember that love should always come first.” –
This quote stresses the importance of prioritizing love over money and material possessions.
“Money can be a source of stress and tension in relationships, but it can also be an opportunity for growth and learning to work together as a team.” –
This quote emphasizes the potential for growth and teamwork in handling financial matters in relationships.
“Money can be a test of a relationship’s strength and resilience. It’s important to work through financial challenges together and maintain trust and respect for each other.” –
This quote highlights the importance of maintaining trust and respect during financial challenges to strengthen the relationship.
“Money can be a tool for building a future together, but it can also be a weapon for tearing a relationship apart. It’s important to handle finances with care and responsibility.” –
This quote emphasizes the need for responsible handling of finances to prevent them from becoming a source of conflict and division in a relationship.
“Money can amplify existing issues in a relationship, but it can also reveal hidden strengths and resources. It’s important to approach financial matters with openness and a willingness to learn and grow together.” –
This quote emphasizes the potential for discovering hidden strengths and resources when dealing with financial matters in a relationship.
“When it comes to money, honesty is always the best policy. It’s important to be transparent and upfront about financial situations to build trust and prevent misunderstandings.” –
This quote stresses the importance of honesty and transparency in financial matters to prevent them from becoming a source of tension and conflict in the relationship.
“Money can’t buy happiness, but it can make you awfully comfortable while you’re being miserable.” – Clare Boothe Luce
Luce’s quote highlights the idea that while money can provide comfort and security, it cannot buy true happiness or repair a broken relationship.
“It’s good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it’s good, too, to check up once in a while and make sure that you haven’t lost the things that money can’t buy.” – George Lorimer
This quote encourages us to remember the importance of the non-material aspects of our lives, such as love, trust, and communication, which are vital for maintaining healthy relationships.
“When I had money, everyone called me brother.” – Polish proverb
This proverb suggests that money can attract insincere people who are only interested in taking advantage of our financial resources, rather than forming genuine connections.
“Money is like love; it kills slowly and painfully the one who withholds it and enlivens the other who turns it on his fellow man.” – Kahlil Gibran
Gibran’s quote highlights the power dynamics that can emerge in relationships when money is involved, and how it can be used to control or manipulate others.
“The lack of money is the root of all evil.” – Mark Twain
Twain’s quote satirizes the idea that money is the root of all evil, instead suggesting that it is the lack of money that can lead to desperation, dishonesty, and corruption.
“Money is a terrible master but an excellent servant.” – P.T. Barnum
Barnum’s quote emphasizes the importance of keeping money in its proper place and not allowing it to control or dominate our lives and relationships.
“It’s not the money that’s the problem, it’s what people do for it.” – Kevin O’Leary
O’Leary’s quote highlights the idea that it is often people’s actions in pursuit of money, rather than the money itself, that can cause damage to relationships.
“Money can buy you a fine dog, but only love can make him wag his tail.” – Kinky Friedman
Friedman’s quote emphasizes that while money can provide material possessions, it cannot buy the genuine affection and loyalty that comes from love and companionship.
“Money is only a tool. It will take you wherever you wish, but it will not replace you as the driver.” – Ayn Rand
This quote highlights the importance of taking responsibility for our actions and relationships, rather than relying solely on money to dictate our paths in life.
“A penny saved is a penny earned.” – Benjamin Franklin
Franklin’s quote emphasizes the importance of responsible financial management in order to preserve our relationships and avoid financial stress.
More Quotes That Inspire You
22 Money Spoils Relationship Quotes
- “The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. And that’s what you’ve given me. That’s what I’d hoped to give you forever.” – Nicholas Sparks
- “A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.” – Mignon McLaughlin
- “I love you not because of who you are, but because of who I am when I am with you.” – Elizabeth Barrett Browning
- “Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fence, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope.” – Maya Angelou
- “A true relationship is two unperfect people refusing to give up on each other.” –
- “The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” – Victor Hugo
- “Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.” – Aristotle
- “In a world full of temporary things, you are a perpetual feeling.” – Sanober Khan
- “I choose you. And I’ll choose you over and over and over. Without pause, without a doubt, in a heartbeat. I’ll keep choosing you.” –
- “The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in.” – Morrie Schwartz
- “When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.” – Nora Ephron
- “True love is not about the hugs and kisses, the ‘I love you’s or the ‘I miss you’s. It’s about the chills that hit every part of your spine when you think about each other.” –
- “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” – Lao Tzu
- “You don’t love someone for their looks, or their clothes, or for their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear.” – Oscar Wilde
- “The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.” – Audrey Hepburn
- “The most precious possession that ever comes to a man in this world is a woman’s heart.” – Josiah G. Holland
- “Love is not just looking at each other, it’s looking in the same direction.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
- “I wish I could turn back the clock. I’d find you sooner and love you longer.” –
- “The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart.” – Helen Keller
- “To be fully seen by somebody, then, and be loved anyhow – this is a human offering that can border on miraculous.” – Elizabeth Gilbert
- “The greatest thing you’ll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return.” – Moulin Rouge
- “I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride: I love you in this way because I do not know any other way of loving but this, in which there is no I or you, so intimate that your hand upon my chest is my hand, so intimate that when I fall asleep your eyes close.” – Pablo Neruda