Share This Article
Movies have the power to inspire and uplift us, and there are certain quotes that stick with us long after the credits roll. These inspiring movie quotes can motivate us to pursue our dreams, overcome challenges, and be our best selves.
From iconic speeches to simple words of wisdom, inspiring movie quotes have the ability to move us and give us the courage to take on whatever life throws our way. In this collection, we’ve gathered inspiring movie quotes that will inspire you to be the best version of yourself.
Forrest Gump (1994)
“Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you’re gonna get.” –
This quote, spoken by Tom Hanks’ character Forrest Gump, is a simple yet profound statement about the unpredictability of life.
The Lion King (1994)
“Oh yes, the past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it or learn from it.” –
This quote, spoken by the wise baboon Rafiki, reminds us that our past experiences can be painful, but we have a choice in how we respond to them.
“Hakuna Matata, it means no worries for the rest of your days.” –
This Swahili phrase means “no problem” or “no worries,” and encourages us to live in the moment and not sweat the small stuff.
Finding Nemo (2003)
“Just keep swimming.” –
This quote, spoken by the forgetful fish Dory, encourages us to keep pushing forward even when things get tough.
Mary Poppins (1964)
“In every job that must be done, there is an element of fun.” –
This quote, spoken by the magical nanny Mary Poppins, reminds us to find joy in even the most mundane tasks.
Toy Story (1995)
“To infinity…and beyond!” –
This iconic quote, spoken by the toy astronaut Buzz Lightyear, embodies the spirit of adventure and endless possibilities.
The Wizard of Oz (1939)
“There’s no place like home.” –
This quote, spoken by Dorothy as she clicks her ruby slippers together, reminds us of the importance of home and the people we love.
A Few Good Men (1992)
“You can’t handle the truth!” –
This famous quote, spoken by Jack Nicholson’s character Colonel Jessup, is a powerful reminder of the importance of honesty and the consequences of deception.
Star Wars (1977)
“May the Force be with you.” –
This iconic quote, spoken by multiple characters throughout the Star Wars franchise, has become a symbol of strength and resilience.
Dead Poets Society (1989)
“Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary.” –
This quote, spoken by the inspiring teacher John Keating, encourages us to make the most of every moment and create a life that is truly extraordinary.
“I’m the king of the world!” –
This quote, spoken by Leonardo DiCaprio’s character Jack as he stands at the bow of the Titanic, represents the feeling of freedom and possibility that comes with pursuing our dreams.
Ferris Bueller’s Day Off (1986)
“Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.” –
This quote, spoken by the rebellious high school student Ferris Bueller, reminds us to slow down and appreciate the beauty of life.
The Terminator (1984)
“I’ll be back.” –
This iconic quote, by Arnold Schwarzenegger’s character the Terminator, has become synonymous with strength and determination.
Rocky Balboa (2006)
“It’s not about how hard you hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.” –
This quote, spoken by Sylvester Stallone’s character Rocky, embodies the fighting spirit and resilience that is necessary for success.
Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back (1980)
“Do or do not. There is no try.” –
This quote, spoken by the wise Jedi master Yoda, reminds us that we must fully commit to our goals and dreams in order to achieve them. Yoda’s famous quote urges us to commit fully to our goals and not just make half-hearted attempts.
Top Gun (1986)
“I feel the need…the need for speed!” –
This quote, spoken by Tom Cruise’s character Maverick, embodies the thrill of adventure and the desire to push ourselves to new limits.
“You mustn’t be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.” –
This quote, said by Tom Hardy’s character Eames, encourages us to be ambitious and unafraid of dreaming big.
Toy Story (1995)
“To infinity and beyond!” –
Buzz Lightyear’s catchphrase is a reminder to always push beyond our limits and reach for the stars.
“Every man dies, not every man really lives.” –
William Wallace’s powerful words remind us that life is short, and it’s important to make the most of every moment.
“You have to believe in yourself. That’s the secret.” –
Rocky Balboa’s words remind us that confidence and self-belief are essential to achieving our goals.
Ferris’ words remind us to slow down and enjoy life’s moments or risk letting them pass us by.
Field of Dreams (1989)
“If you build it, he will come.” –
This quote, which was spoken by a mysterious voice in the movie, encourages us to take risks and trust that the rewards will come.
Rafiki’s words remind us that our past experiences can be painful, but they also offer valuable lessons that can help us grow.
Colonel Nathan R. Jessup’s famous outburst reminds us that sometimes the truth can be difficult to hear, but it’s always important to face it head-on.
“Life is not the number of breaths you take, it’s the moments that take your breath away.” –
This quote, spoken by Will Smith’s character Alex Hitchens, reminds us that it’s the special moments in life that truly matter.
This iconic phrase has become a cultural phenomenon and encourages us to stay strong and trust in our abilities.
John Keating’s words urge us to seize every opportunity and live life to the fullest.
“I’m the king of the world!” –
Jack’s exuberant exclamation reminds us to celebrate our victories and enjoy life’s pleasures.
The Shawshank Redemption (1994)
“Remember, Red, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.” –
This quote, spoken by Andy Dufresne, reminds us to stay hopeful and optimistic, even in the darkest of times.
More Quotes That Inspire You
35 Inspiring Movie Quotes
- “Our lives are defined by opportunities, even the ones we miss.” – The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (2008)
- “Believe in yourselves. Dream. Try. Do good.” – Mr. Magorium’s Wonder Emporium (2007)
- “You can’t live your life for other people. You’ve got to do what’s right for you, even if it hurts some people you love.” – The Notebook (2004)
- “Never let someone tell you that you can’t do something. Not even me. You got a dream, you get protected from it. People can’t do something themselves, they want to tell you can’t do it. If you want something, get it. Period.” – The Pursuit of Happyness (2006)
- “It’s not about money. It’s about sending a message. Everything burns.” – The Dark Knight (2008)
- “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can’t achieve it.” – The Wolf of Wall Street (2013)
- “I figure life’s a gift and I don’t intend on wasting it. You don’t know what hand you’re gonna get dealt next. You learn to take life as it comes at you… to make each day count.” – Titanic (1997)
- “Great men are not born great, they grow great.” – The Godfather (1972)
- “I want you to know that you’re a miracle… You’re not flawed. You’re just you, and that’s beautiful.” – Unconditional (2012)
- “Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.” – The Shawshank Redemption (1994)
- “Some people can’t believe in themselves until someone else believes in them first.” – Good Will Hunting (1997)
- “I’m gonna make him an offer he can’t refuse.” – The Godfather (1972)
- “Do or do not. There is no try.” – Star Wars: Episode V – The Empire Strikes Back (1980)
- “We can stay here, get the shit kicked out of us, or fight our way back into the light. We can climb outtake hell one inch at a time.” – Any Given Sunday (1999)
- “You were born to be a player. You were meant to be here. This moment is yours.” – Herb Brooks, Miracle (2004)
- “What we do in life echoes in eternity.” – Gladiator (2000)
- “It’s not the years, honey. It’s the mileage.” – Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
- “The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what we share with someone else when we’re uncool.” – Almost Famous (2000)
- “It’s not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.” – Batman Begins (2005)
- “You’re braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” – Winnie the Pooh (2011)
- “The greatest thing you’ll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.” – Moulin Rouge (2001)
- “I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.” – The Pursuit of Happiness (2006)
- “It’s not the years, honey, it’s the mileage.” – Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
- “You don’t get another chance, life is no Nintendo game.” – Eminem, 8 Mile (2002)
- “I feel the need… the need for speed!” – Top Gun (1986)
- “Here’s looking at you, kid.” – Casablanca (1942)
- “Life is a box of chocolates, Forrest. You never know what you’re going to get.” – Forrest Gump (1994)
- “In this life, it’s not what you hope for, it’s not what you deserve, it’s what you take.” – The Man in the Iron Mask (1998)
- “Why do we fall, Bruce? So, we can learn to pick ourselves up.” – Batman Begins (2005)
- “It’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.” – Abraham Lincoln (1930)
- “I don’t want to survive, I want to live.” – 12 Years a Slave (2013)
- “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the story you keep telling yourself as to why you can’t achieve it.” – Rocky Balboa (2006)
- “You know how they say we only use 10 percent of our brains? I think we only use 10 percent of our hearts.” – Her (2013)
- “The flower that blooms in adversity is the rarest and beautiful of all.” – Mulan (1998)
- “Nobody is gonna hit as hard as life, but it ain’t how hard you can hit. It’s how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. It’s how much you can take, and keep moving forward.” – Rocky Balboa (2006)
- “We all have a choice: to live or to exist.” – The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (2013)
- “Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.” – Albert Schweitzer (1952)